Wednesday 11 January 2017

Milan Fashion Week | Jil Sander Menswear Collection Spring/Summer 2017

 So as you know from my last two FCP posts, for my summative brief I had to research a trend a trend, and the trend that I was given was 'The Purist' trend. After I researched into the historical and the cultural influences of the trend, I noticed that this trend was very prominent in a lot of Spring/Summer 2017 shows. 

My favourite show was the Jil Sander Menswear collection for S/S 17 at Milan Fashion Week. I thought that this collection was really effective as the colour palette and different structures worked really well with each other. Jil Sander was one of the main pioneers of minimalism in the 90's and she has adapted these classic pieces and created a modern twist on them which I think is really effective and striking. 

Backstage @ Jil Sander Menswear S/S 17 show 

“I wanted to convey a sense of relaxed lightness,” said designer Rodolfo Paglialunga backstage after Jil Sander’s Spring men’s show. Looking at the garments within the collection, it was clear that reductivism was prominent with understated yet statement pieces. Like always, Sander's collection featured clean lines and a relaxed silhouette which resonated with The Purist trend effortlessly. The colour palette was very broad with vibrant hues, as well as warm neutrals and cool tones such as pastel colours, greys and off whites. In addition to this, I love how the majority of the outfits in the collection only featured one colour family or one colour all together. For example, a whole outfit was composed out of different grey toned garments and accessories which I think is really different and definitely eye catching. 

Muted cool greys @ Jil Sander Menswear S/S 17 show 
All white @ Jil Sander Menswear S/S 17 show 
Another touch I really liked were the backstage shots of the collection. I think that the serious and formal atmosphere of the catwalk really contrasted well with the informality and energetic backstage images, which could almost be a metaphor for the garments within the collection. The images were shot by Sonny Vandevelde and here are some of my favourite snaps:





Thanks for reading.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig