Thursday 6 October 2016

What is Fashion Communication and Promotion? | Why I chose to study this aspect of fashion.

Image from Google

If you have read my previous post, you will know that I have just recently started studying Fashion Communication and Promotion at Nottingham Trent University and I am loving every minute of it. Throughout the last two weeks I have really gained an understanding of what I am going to be studying over the next three years and essentially, what I am getting myself into. The most crucial thing that I have learnt over these weeks is exactly what Fashion Communication and Promotion is. 

Often when I tell people the course that I am studying, they instantly assume that I am going to spend three years of my life sitting at a sewing machine slaving away for hours on end. However, I think people need to be more aware that there is more to fashion than 'making clothes'. Fashion Communication and Promotion is an abundance of things but mainly is the activity that supports the promotion of fashion products
through a variety of different mediums such as photography, film and journalism. Without Fashion Communication and Promotion, consumers would not be aware and influenced to embark on new trends and products therefore meaning that the practice is an essential bridge between the consumer and the message that brands are trying to portray. 

The reason why I decided to study this course is purely because I am indecisive, meaning that I was interested in more than one aspect of the fashion industry.  This course, unlike many of the others I looked at and researched, is very broad and offered a variety of different pathways which is perfect for someone that isn't too sure about what aspect of the industry they want to go into when they have finished their studies. On this course, we also are taught how to use a variety of different design softwares such as indesign and photoshop, which are skills that that will be very beneficial and will make make you stand out to future employers as well as increasing the quality and the professionalism of your portfolio. 

All in all the past couple of weeks has not only enlightened me, but inspired me. Learning what I will be studying and the different briefs that we will be given has motivated me to work hard and strive to achieve the best. 

Thanks for reading.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig