Friday 30 December 2016

Summative Brief

I can't believe that I have finished my first term at university already! It seems like just yesterday that I was sitting in the lecture theatre for welcome week and now Ive been given my first big individual project to complete over the christmas break.

The purpose of the summative brief task is to take us through each stage of the FCP process and see if we have learnt all the information given to us throughout the first term. We will be assessed on how well we can apply this information to a new task. It is a report document, that will include research into a fashion concept, developing a variety of Big Ideas, creating a set of mood boards, producing an image/ set of images to be used on social media. 

As part of the brief, we were given a trend to research. We had to look into the history and cultural influences of the trend, as well as the way that it has effected industries other than fashion. The trend that I was given was 'The Purist' trend. I had never heard of this trend so naturally I began to panic. So in order to come to terms with it, I decided to use Pinterest as this is a great way to visually research something. Creating a Pinterest board for the trend really helped as I was able to see exactly what my trend was. Overall, I collected over 150 pins. Here are some screen shots from my board:

DKNY resort collection S/S 17, Calvin Klein and Jil Sander designs

The Purist trend in beauty and hair  
90's Jil Sander and Calvin Klein designs, as well as interior architecture by John Pawson
Jim Sander S/S17,  street style and The Purist trend in architecture 
Cos garments and Architecture by Zaha Hadid 
80's Japanese minimalism featuring Issey Miyake and Rei Kawakubo 

Thanks for reading. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig