Wednesday 14 December 2016

The Execution Stage | Corrine Day style photographs

I was so excited to find out that Corrine Day was the photographer for the editorial we got and that we had to shoot in her style. I love Day's photography as there is always an element of rawness to the photographs as they aren't overly composed and unrealistic. As well as this, it looks like all of the subjects that Day photographs look like they trust her which means that the outcomes of the photos are very relaxed and not forced which add innocence and I think this is effective.
In addition, there is always an element of intimacy in her photographs. It isn't usually sexual intimacy, but the intimacy between friends or a personal intimacy within the setting she uses such as a bedroom or a bathroom.

Keeping these things in mind I wanted to take some quick photographs of 3 of my best friends during a conversation we were having in my bedroom at home in Leeds. I really like the outcome of these photographs as I didn't tell any of them I was taking pictures so the results are very natural and authentic to the moment. 



















Thanks for reading.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig